Volunteers are welcome from every walk of life based on their ability and willingness to treat those being served with dignity and respect, as well as their commitment to helping stamp out hunger in our community!
We do ask all our volunteers be 18 yrs. of age, able to stand for long periods of time, able to lift up to 20 lbs., agreeable to wearing hair restraints and able to stay and participate for the entire shift (until clean-up is done @ approximately 2:00pm).
We occasionally have projects for minors where families can serve together. However, they are often spur of the moment projects and mainly occur in the Spring and Summer months, as need arises.
How is Angels and Sparrows Soup Kitchen funded?
We welcome monetary donations as well as food and other items needed on a daily basis from individuals, churches, businesses, grocery stores, local farms, farmers’ markets and home improvement stores.
Angels and Sparrows Needs List
- Canned stocks of all kinds (chicken, beef, vegetable)
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Tea, gallon size
- Paper products (dessert plates, soup bowls, paper towels)
- Freezer bags (gallon, quart)
We can always use gift cards for Aldi, Walmart, BJ’s, Sams or Costco so we can get the best prices on our food and paper product needs. Supplies or food donations may be delivered to:
514 N. Old Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
or call 704-918-6931to request pickup.
We are a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
What are we accomplishing at Angels & Sparrows?
To help fight hunger in Huntersville and adjacent towns of Cornelius and Davidson as well as in the North Mecklenburg County unincorporated areas.
- To provide food and nourishment for the bodies and souls of men, women and children who face hunger in their daily lives, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin or physical or mental disabilities.
- To provide a sense of community for those persons affected by hunger.
- To provide a Christian response to the real world based on the teachings of Christ Jesus.
- To become a living ministry supported by local churches, businesses, individuals and other organizations.
- To become a major ministry in the North Mecklenburg county much like other non-profits in the area, for example, Solomon House (healthcare outreach), Loaves and Fishes (food pantry), Mooresville Soup Kitchen (daily meals) and Ada Jenkins Center (health and dental care, food pantry, computer training and various other services).
- To work toward the physical nourishment, the spiritual foundation and the emotional and social rehabilitation of all who come in contact with Angels & Sparrows.
- To continue to grow and expand via internal remodeling and/or additional construction.