We are here to serve.
Angels and Sparrows serves a nourishing lunch, Monday through Friday 11am-1pm, year round to anyone who needs our help.
Volunteers are welcome from every walk of life based on their ability and willingness to treat those being served with dignity and respect, as well as their commitment to helping stamp out hunger in our community!
We do ask all our volunteers be 18 yrs. of age, able to stand for long periods of time, able to lift up to 20 lbs., agreeable to wearing hair restraints and able to stay and participate for the entire shift (until clean-up is done @ approximately 2:00pm).
We occasionally have projects for minors where families can serve together. However, they are often spur of the moment projects and mainly occur in the Spring and Summer months, as need arises.
How is Angels and Sparrows Soup Kitchen funded?
We welcome monetary donations as well as food and other items needed on a daily basis from individuals, churches, businesses, grocery stores, local farms, farmers’ markets and home improvement stores.
Angels and Sparrows Needs List
- Canned stocks (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Paper products (6″ dessert plates, 8 oz styrofoam soup bowls, 2-ply napkins and paper towels)
- Freezer bags (gallon, quart)
Gift cards for Aldi, Walmart, BJ’s, Sams or Costco are always welcome so we can get the best prices on our food and paper product needs. Donations may be dropped off Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm at 514 N. Old Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC 28078.
We are a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Our EIN is 32-0200979.
What are we accomplishing at Angels & Sparrows?
To help fight hunger in Huntersville and adjacent towns of Cornelius and Davidson as well as in the North Mecklenburg County unincorporated areas.
- To provide food and nourishment for the bodies and souls of men, women and children who face hunger in their daily lives, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin or physical or mental disabilities.
- To provide a sense of community for those persons affected by hunger.
- To provide a Christian response to the real world based on the teachings of Christ Jesus.
- To become a living ministry supported by local churches, businesses, individuals and other organizations.
- To become a major ministry in the North Mecklenburg county serving our neighbors who face hunger in their daily lives.
- To work toward the physical nourishment, the spiritual foundation and the emotional and social rehabilitation of all who come in contact with Angels and Sparrows.
- To continue to grow and expand via internal remodeling and/or additional construction.
Join us at Angels and Sparrows’ first annual Gather & Give Fundraiser! The event will feature a farm-to-table dining experience expertly prepared by Scott Hollingsworth, Executive Chef of Dresslers Restaurant Group.
- When: Friday, 4/28
- Where: Historic Rural Hill, Huntersville, NC
- Times: 6:30 – 9 pm
- Food: Farm-to-Table
- Attire: Dressy Casual
- Beverages: Wine and Beer (three drink coupons will be provided per ticketed guest)
- Speakers: Sandy Tilley and John Buckner
- Activities: Wine Pull
- Entertainment: Backyard Brothers